Frequently Asked Questions
1. What method is used for shipping orders?
2. How long does it usually take for orders to ship and to arrive?
3.How can I pay for my order?
4.I am interested in carrying your line of scarves and possibly barrettes and boxes in my boutique. Do you sell wholesale?
5.If I am not entirely satisfied with my purchase, can I return my order?
6.“There is a scarf on the website which I love but it is out of stock. Will you have more of it?”
7.It has been 3 weeks since I placed my order but I have not received it yet.
1. Orders will be shipped using a registered air mail (your signature is required upon delivery). The shipping will be handled by respective government postal services of the countries where the orders are being shipped to. For example, in the USA it is USPS. You can track your order at usps.com using a registered mail number we will provide in a shipping confirmation.
In rare cases we can ship using Fedex, DHL, ARAMEX, UPS or other major carriers. They costs are high but their delivery is significantly quicker. If this is your preferred method, please let us know.
2. All orders will ship within 3 business days from the date we receive your payment. Delivery to the United States usually takes 10-14 days. To European and Asian countries actual delivery is usually less, but 10-14 days is still an estimate we use. Please note, that there are delays, sometimes significant, around Christmas due to holiday shipping traffic.
3. We accept PayPal which allows us to accept most credit/debit cards. Your transactions are processed on PayPal’s secure website. At no point we get details of your credit card numbers – that all remains with PayPal and allows us to sleep tightly knowing that we do not have to worry about the security of your personal financial information. We can not charge your card unless you authorize PayPal to pay.
In very rare instances for large orders we will be willing to accommodate a check payment or a wire transfer. For that, please contact us from Contact Us page.
4. No, we do not sell wholesale. However, for large orders we will certainly be willing to negotiate a discount.
5. Should you, in any way, not be satisfied, please return the product to UzbekAlive™ in its original condition and in a proper packaging within 30 days of receipt of your order and we will issue a full refund. We apologize, but shipping costs are not included in this satisfaction guarantee. We cannot accept items returned after 30 days. We shall notify the customer via e-mail of the refund once we've received and processed the returned item. The customer can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving the return.
6. There are certain ikat patterns which we re-order on a regular basis. Due to a manual process of ikat dying and weaving, getting those patterns back in stock will take at least a month. One more word of caution here – the color will never be identical to the original color. It will be similar but never entirely identical. Reason for that is again a manual process of dying. This is why when we receive re-ordered scarves and they are slightly different from the ones we had originally, we re-take the pictures of the scarf to ensure that our customers get a true view of the product.
7. Please call your local post office and check for status of your order by registered mail number we sent you in a shipping confirmation email. It happened so many times that the order was being held by the post office or that the order was delivered to the building's superintendent (who signed for you) but has not been picked up by a customer.
If local post office that usually serves you has no knowledge of the package and if your shipping address is in the USA I suggest that you check your order status online at www.usps.com using a registered mail number we sent you in a shipping confirmation email. If USPS can not find information about your package, please send us a message with your order number and we will start an investigation on our side.